Saturday, December 13, 2008

Lady Macbeth’s influence on Macbeth:

Lady Macbeth was very impatient for becoming Queen. She was even more impatient than Macbeth. At first when she heard about the four prophecies she couldn’t wait so she says “Come, you spirits
that tend on mortal thoughts, unsex me here, And fill me from the crown to the toe top-full, Of direst cruelty.” What she is asking for is that the sprits and fairies give her the strength and bravery of a man to go murder Macbeth. The reason she says this is because Macbeth is a coward and is to afraid to do it himself. But later on in the play Macbeth turns 180° from what he used to be; he goes up to Lady Macbeth and says leave it on me and you don’t have a thing to worry about, I will handle this business all by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment